Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Sing "Welcome to the Hotel Cali..ah hmm Kalgoorlie..."

Yeah, so we weren't good as gold as reported in Ceduna. Just after writing that and driving around the block the patch failed and I was spewing coolant out the rervoir once again. Not to worry though, cause I'd bought the boys a six pack to say thanks and now they were pretty embarassed so they got done up smart quick when I came back a second time!.

Highlights:

Crossing the Nullarbor. Boring to some definatley. But hey Dingos meet you at the Nullarbor Roadhouse and that was novel. Watching wales frollic in the ocean is pretty good too. Otherwise; Long straights and scrub. And if your lucky get the chance to leave a rubber mark 46 paces long and clip the tail of red roo which bolts out of the scrub at mach looney, hell bent on getting to the otherside of the highway for no good reason other that greener grass of which there's none to speak of.

Kallgoorlie
Ran up from Madura in an epic day (700K) to visit my friend Scott (aka Loyd Christmas which makes me Harry _?_ ) in the mining town of Cal - goo - lee, the biggest gold mining town in the country, home of a "Super Pit" Goldmine which is a wonder to see. It's also a wonder to hear how much money you can make driving a dump truck. How does as much as 3.5 grand a fortnight strike ya? Kal is wild west town. Every dirtbike in the street wheelies when they pass eachother and girls are flown in to most of the local pubs to pour beers in Lingere which they - The Skimpy - remove as soon as the "Titty Kitty" is filled by the night's patrons. I spent nearly a week here. Now I'll admit the scenery was nice but it wasn't a weeks worth nice. Again I tried to leave town and I broke down - this time a dead battery. But it gave me the chance to meet a great German couple traveling two up on a Honda Africa Twin. Jan left GER on the bike in 2004 convinced Cloudi to meet him in India and have been on the bike together ever since. They're a wonderfully inteligient funny and inspirational pair. Oh and kind too they helped me push start the bike twice - the second time because I let it die. Thanks guys.

With a brand new battery in place, I've arrived in Esperance and don't have a clue what to do with my self. Maybe I'll go for a walk on the beach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home