Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Adelaide

Hey ya.

Last day here in Adelaide and I haven't seen much of the city to be honest. Other than motorcycle shops, and camping stores. I've picked up some supplies like a sleeping bag liner (to add 15 degrees of comfort)and gotten my busted foot peg fixed. Oh and new tire, nothing is exciting as new tires - let me tell you!

Next stop is Wilipena Pound in the Flinders Range which is a neat hole in the ground, with some signifigance both geologicaly and to NASA fans. We'll be checking out the possible impact site of a meteor which caused the great extinctions etc.

After that I'm heading north to Maree before heading out on the great Oodnadatta Track, a four hundred mile dirt road passing a huge salt lake Lake Eyre, which may have water in it at the moment - not to be missed! Coober Pedy where people live under ground and then back down to Port Agusta before making the long trek out to the West Coast.

It's gonna be groovy. But I'm sad to be leaving my hostel which is so fility that leave bleach in the bathroom so that you can rinse off after your shower.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home