Friday, April 21, 2006

If It Weren't For Bad Luck....

The slow season for Queenstown and the Lakes is reportedly from the end of the Easter weekend to mid or the end of May, the ski season opening just the second week of June. However, my life has been slow for weeks. This is both good , and particulary bad for my health. I'm making up for years of lost sleep, but with a sprained ankle from a motorcycle fall about a week prior to the drowning of the bike...

OH I'm sure you're wondering about the bike, and she's back on her feet,
although the headlight still has water in it and the number wheels of
the trip odometer just spin as a single unit as the bike motors on, which
means I'm going to have to figure out a new way of tracking my fuel
consumption, maybe I'll start put on a translucent tank so I can see how much
gas is left. I know you're probably thinking just use the other odometer, but
that would mean I'd have to add and subtract and I'm afraid a calculator
doesn't fit into my weight budget on long journeys.

...I'm affraid I'm even less inclined to go back to work on my feet and risk being sidelined for ski season. Of course since I never liked walking in the first place; now that I'm walking fine I'm no more inclined to do anything available to me under my own power (We invented the wheel for good reason after all) and since I don't have a bicycle or a legal way to ride the motorbike I'm put in a bit of a prediciment in getting around town or maintaining any level of fitness.

After Bill left I was stuck finding a new place to live. I quickly succeded in finding a room amongst several friends in a large 6 bedroom house that must have been an old hostel at some point. Unfortunatley for all of us the house has been on the market for a couple years and finally sold. So on the 31st of April the house is scheduled to be demolished. Originally set to be burned down by the fire brigade as a training exercise, the house will now be bulldozed since the neighbors don't want their buildings coverd in soot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home