Tuesday, February 28, 2006

"I knew it, I'm surrounded by assholes..."

Ah, nothing more satisfing than a hard days work, the satisfaction that comes from true accomplishments, challenges met, competitors bested...or a bunch of fuckwits pretending to be peers and bosses preventing any of the above.
Since Thursday of last week I've gone from laborer to king of the laborers (a dubious honor at the best of times), to replace the assistant project manager in her absence. This great leap comes with nothing but headache and stress and ZERO to show for it other then some of that stuff mentioned in the first half of the paragraph above. I am now reaponsible for; equipment hire, labor staffing (and occasional mngmt depending on the power hierarchy chosen for the day) office and misc. building materials/tool ordering/pickup, as well as site safety agent. I seem to spend most of my time expliaing why I haven't had time to get more milk for the coffee break, and telling people to put on their hard hats on, at least when I haven't been trying to put up a fence, build sprinkler systems or erosion barriers. Well, at the least the money's gonna be good, I thought to comfort my self, only to find upon addressing the issue that "Well sometimes people have to cover, and if it were going to be for longer [than seven days]..."
So i guess my 10US dollars an hour (9.89 before taxes but whos counting!?) is gonna have to do for another week.
Luckily for me Lake Wakitipu was glass this afternoon and my freinds Woody and Jared needed a third to go wakeboarding for the sunset hours and that was allright.
Looking accross Lake Wakitipu toward Kelvin Heights, from the apt. Balcony.

Queenstown lies 8 minutes round the bend.

Spaceballs audio: http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/mp3s.cgi?Spaceballs=assholes.mp3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home