Saturday, February 25, 2006

Dunstan Range


I took a day for myself on the 20th. Having worked over a week straight and having to be in at the Pig that night, I sent quick text out to Barbra, my Tradestaff agent, and let her know that I would not be heading out to the Commonage for work. With that done my head it the pillow and didn't come up till 10:30.

Out on the Bike I took a ride past Cromwell and toward Alexandra, turning off SH 8 at Omakau I took Thompson's Track into the local range land. I opened a lot of gates and passed a couple different sheep stations. Nearly collided with a couple of the fuckers too, and I don't think they're as soft as they look. Most get a bit spooked and throw themseves off the sheer edge of the road; how they keep their footing on the steeps I don't know. Most of the time however you see them peering out from some scrub up on the hillside, a little cottonball or two stuck together to dark receses staring back at you from each fuzzy face.

I stoped into Cromwell SPV for a quick yarn with Marleen and to see if my brake pads were in. Sure enough they were on her desk about to be posted to me. A local rider by the name of Ron was in and we all got to talking about some local rides and I came away with some good beta for the comming weeks of riding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home