Sunday, June 24, 2007

It's raining again. "Well it's winter stupid." Yes thanks for that. This is bad....I'm only on the road a week and I'm talking to myself as I write. Yikes.

Anyway, like I was saying it's raining and that allows me a bit of time to plunk some money into this internet kiosk here on Kangaroo Island, south of Adelaide South Australia. I read that KI was a good place to spend a few days, maybe a week and it hasn't disapointed. It's renowned for it's abundant wildlife and rural setting good for getting away from the city, fishing etc. The wildlife is so abundant your hardpressed not to run something over during your stay, which I nearly accomplished in the first halfhour of arriving. I pulled into a parking lot on the bike to find a very shocked and confused looking penguin blinded by my headlight. He ran toward my front wheel as if on a death wish. Luckily I missed him, unlucky for him as he was blinded - likely for hours apparently - and was probably eaten by a ferall cat.

The last couple of days has been really good. I've walked along the beach with Sea Lions, gotten the bike good and muddy along the country roads, seen Echidnas, Koalas, Fur Seals and Interesting geology. I even got to shoot a cannon which would make even the oldest little boy grin. I've met some good folk along the way too. I shoud be moving up to Adelaide over the next day or two where I'll get some work done on the bike and should be able to find a computer capable of uploading some photos of the island.

Till then.

2 Comments:

At 10:14 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

just remember, no boofin the abo's
Oh, and you can't climb on their rock anymore either - heathen.

simon

 
At 9:20 PM , Blogger katie said...

Dear long lost brother,

Guess what!? those pictures of the really sweet rocks on Kangaroo Island are the same ones that I drew in that crazy charcoal picture I made a couple of years ago. The one with the "ocular socket" remember?

love you,
Katie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home